1.01.2013

beauty products of 2012


Hello 2013! 2012 has been only for less than a day and already we're rounding up our highlights and best products of the past year. And if you'll forgive me for the less than brilliant quality of the above photo (my camera decided to die, how lovely!) then I'll get started with mine. ;)

Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation. I love this stuff. I was very wary of buying this due to some reviews that said this was not suitable for combination to oily skin... I'll brush those reviews off because I find that this feels incredibly on my skin and that it stays for a very long time (even without a primer) on my skin which is oily. It's not matte and it's not "shiny", it's just a hint of dewy on my skin which is lovely for those not so great days!

Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil. Two things in one, and cost no more than £11 in Boots. I have this in the darkest shade due to my dyed black hair (and very dark eyebrows naturally) and it's fantastic. Lasts such a long time on me - even through an unplanned night on the tiles! - and at work where it can get so hot thanks to ovens and toasters. Puts my MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil to shame.

Illamasqua Magnestism lipstick. I love this shade. It's something I wouldn't glance at twice if I saw it at the counter, but a lovely sales assistant recommended it to me after I was in search for a nice, bright Autumnal shade. This, paired with their Medium Pencil in Strumpet is a real winner. Even after it wears off it leaves a lovely stain on the lips. I might have to break this out again today!

Lancome Hypnose mascara. I avoided the hype around this mascara for so long, but until I went browsing in House of Fraser back in May time, I found myself at the Lancome counter lusting after this product. Gives my lashes length and definition, and with paired with my Illamsqua mascara - boom! - the best lashes without falsies. ;)

Illamasqua Neutral palette. I much prefer this tiny palette to the infamous Urban Decay Naked palette. The matte black is gorgeous and I actually wore it for Halloween when I dressed up as Catwoman. The golden shade is absolutely divine! I cannot suggest this palette enough. Illamasqua steals my heart again.

MAC lip liners in 'Naked' and 'Vino'. These lip liners couldn't be more of the opposite... Naked is exactly that: naked. It mutes out my fairly pigmented lips and makes nude lips a breeze to do. And Vino is the best of the best for vampy, out there statement lips. It gives a nice stain too after you've ate or drank too much!

Kate Moss 107 matte lipstick. Love, love, love this. Everyone in the blogger world raved about this lipstick before it even hit counters and I can see why. A beautiful, dark red which is at a cheap price. I find that it does wear a little longer than the Illamasqua lipstick mentioned above but that's fine! I don't mind re-applying. I throw this lipstick in my make up bag when I'm wear a red lip. Love, love, love!

Collection (2000) Lasting Perfection concealer. I got suckered into the hype of this a few months back and have already made a repurchase! This concealer is an all round good one. I use it under the eyes, on any blemishes, scars... I love it! Just wish I actually found it earlier on in the year..!

Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. After finding this foundation in the summer I can see what the hype is about. It's medium to full coverage, you get more product for the money and it stays put! That's essentially what I look for in a foundation due to the oily skin I am stuck with. If you're looking at it from afar but want to try it, then take the plunge! It's seriously worth it. And that is that! I hope you guys had a lovely night, and I hope this year is brilliant for you all. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment