6.29.2011

the golden classic.


Yves Saint Laurent goodies.

Last week I traveled to my local Selfridges departments store in Birmingham to have a look at all the fancy ol' make up. I decided to treat myself and headed straight for the MAC counter - a favourite past time of mine. I stood around for a good five to ten minutes waiting to be acknowledged but had little faith that someone would ask me if I needed help. I decided to wander off.

NARS called my card, and then so did Chanel. I was very disappointed in Chanel because not only was the assistant snobby, the colours just didn't appeal to me at that moment! And that's where I found a classy, quiet counter - Yves Saint Laurent. I've stared at their products from afar as I knew I couldn't afford their make up for a long time to come. Seeing that I had been paid twice (thank you, two jobs) that day I decided to go and indulge in luxury make up.

The assistant was amazing. She was friendly, helped me pick out the colours I wanted and even gave me a make over. This put a smile on my face as I usually have snobby assistants that can't wait to get rid of me before getting some money off of me! My love affair with YSL has just begun...


YSL Touche Éclat in shade '1', YSL Gloss Pur Pure lipgloss in '2 Pure Rose' and YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in '1 Nude Beige'.


YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in '1 Nude Beige'.


No comments:

Post a Comment