5.16.2011

a week in photos #5

A bit later than usual, but let's continue with the show! :)


I was in WHSmiths after my interview with Next, and came across this book - Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote - in the Classics section. I've heard a lot about this book in the past, and the cover of the book actually won me over. I know, I know... Don't judge a book by it's cover, but I've done it more than once! Let's hope it lives up to my hopes and expectations.


And now you are questioning why I took a photo of the mundane, every day item. This is actually essential if I want to finish a project (that I haven't even started yet). Plus I got it for £2 cheaper. ;) I do love WHSmiths at times.


Next on my list was a trip to Boots to browse the fragrance section, and also the cosmetics. I needed a new lip balm, so I decided to try out Vaseline's Lip Therapy with Rose and Almond Oil. It doesn't add a tint to my lips as they are already very pigmented, but it works good enough while I'm at work where the air conditioner is always on!


I've heard a lot of good things being said about Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, and I purchased it in 'Intense Black'. So far, so good! It lasted a 5 hour shift in a hot environment, and even longer when I went back to my boyfriend's home. Keep working that magic you're working, Maybelline.


My boyfriend and I went to see Hanna at the cinema on Tuesday, and I was thoroughly surprised by it. I didn't have high expectations for it as I had read some rather bad reviews beforehand, but it was a nice action flick. The boyfriend described it as The Bourne Identity meets Sucker Punch meets Kill Bill - and I can see why. (Stuart, you've had your moment now.) Myself and the boyfriend were in the screening alone... up until a lone man walked in at sat in the row behind us. I never will understand that, but oh well!


And one of the best news I received during the week: being accepted onto my chosen college course! I can now think ahead and save money up for it because I wish to be financially stable before I head off to college for another year. It's partly the reason why I now have two jobs, but let's not go down the other reason. ;) Roll on September when I'm back to being a student, yayyyyyyyyyyy! :D

4 comments:

  1. agreed on the gel eyeliner i love love love it, it's so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen: I was surprised that it works as well as other people have said considering it was pretty cheap! I was going to buy MAC's Fluidline, but I don't think I'll have to now. :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting into the college of your choice!! ♥


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete