5.20.2011

paper thin.


Image via weheartit.com.

I found a book meme on my LiveJournal, and decided to re-do it. :)

1. Do you prefer to read hardcover or paperback books?
I'm honestly not bothered, a book is a book to me regardless. I do have more paperback books than hardcovers. I do also have a lot of books on my Kindle however.

2. Do you have a favorite place to read in your home?
In my room, or at my boyfriend's house. I can't stand distraction, so the living room is usually out of the question unless it is just me in the house.

3. Do you have a favorite place to read away from, or outside of, your home?
I always seem to read in my room, or on long train/car journeys. I can't read a book on the bus because I fear that I'll miss my stop.

4. Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
Nope, never. I'm scared in case I get some kind of food on the pages of the book.

5. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Unless it's for college, I won't go near a book with a pen. Saying that I do still own the copy of Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck that is highlighted to hell and back.

6. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
This is where my OCD seems to kick in. I cannot stand books with dog-ears, or with creases in the side. It drives me insane. So I use a bookmark which was from Games Workshop, promoting a new Warhammer Fantasy book.

7. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Mainly fiction but I do have a soft spot for biographies.

8. Hardcopy or audiobooks?
Hardcopies, or on my Kindle! I hate audiobooks.

9. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I always want to finish a chapter before I put the book down otherwise it messes with my imagination.

10. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Write it down to look it up later? Just try to infer what it means from the rest of the sentence, and keep going?
I would most likely remember the word and then look it up later on via Google. :)

11. What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris.

12. What is the last book you bought?
Breakfast At Tiffany's by Truman Capote.

13. What is your all time favorite book?
I have a few. I have always loved Alice in Wonderland, plus I love crime/horror/thriller books. I absolutely loved Want To Play? and Live Bait by P.J. Tracy. I am also loving the Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charlaine Harris.

14. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can read more than one at a time?
I can only read one book at a time.

15. Do you like re-reading books?
After a while I do. I've re-read Want To Play? and Live Bait many times because I think they are both great books. I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment